Why should I choose Ant Press?
Good question! Compare what we offer with other companies…
- You pay NOTHING – the risk is all ours.
- You won’t be dealing with a faceless company; we are always on the end of an email. Speak to us whenever you want. When we accept a book, we also accept the author and we want to build a happy relationship together.
- We will make sure your ebook is on multiple selling platforms ~ Amazon (US, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, India, Japan, Canada, etc.) B&N, Apple ibooks, Kobo, Playster, Overdrive (who supply libraries), Scribd and more. This is unless you prefer to utilise the Amazon Select program. Likewise, your print book will be on sale in a variety of places, too.
- Unlike other publishing companies, we pay monthly and will give you a complete breakdown of how many books you sold, and where they were sold.
- If you don’t already have one, we will design a unique book cover for you, free of charge.
- We will make every effort to market your book, and help you to self-promote. We have a big following of readers who are looking for great memoirs.
- We will spotlight and sell your book from our website.
- In most cases, we will also publish your book as a Large Print Edition.
What genre of book does Ant Press accept?
Memoirs are our favourite, but good fiction or niche non-fiction may be considered. We particularly welcome series.
Will Ant Press accept any book?
Absolutely not. We will only accept books we love and believe in.
Do I need an agent?
What will it cost me if my book is accepted by Ant Press?
NOTHING. We are not a ‘Vanity Press’. We will assist the author with the editing and proofreading. We will consult with you and help you with the cover design (unless you already have one). We will take care of the ISBN, setup/formatting and list the ebook in major outlets like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Kobo, etc. unless we decide together that Amazon’s Select program would suit you better. We will also spotlight and sell your book on our website and create your Author Page.
Does Ant Press pay an ‘advance’?
Do I still own all my rights?
Yes, of course. The book is always yours. We will sell your book for you for 2 years from date of first publication. After that, you can either continue with us for another two years, or we will delete it from our lists. If you are approached for translation rights, or create movie or TV interest, you are free to take up any offers. If you are approached by a traditional publisher, you can accept their offer after 2 years from date of first publication. In special circumstances this may be negotiable.
How does this all work?
With your approval, Ant Press will proofread and edit your manuscript and help with a cover if needed. Then Ant Press will format it for eReaders such as Kindle, Nook, iPad, Android, iPhone, etc. The book is then submitted to all the major outlets including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Apple, etc. unless you choose to join the Select program. Similarly, the paperback edition will be published and sold on Amazon and many other outlets. As sales roll in, you will keep 75% of the income.
What about the marketing?
Even the best book relies on marketing, and this is our strength with memoirs. We have a huge following of readers, hungry for good memoirs. However, we expect you to take much of the responsibility by social networking (Facebook, Twitter, etc) but we have plenty of experience in this field and will guide you. In addition, we, too, will market your book, depending on which niche it fits into. After all, the more books we sell, the more it benefits both you and us.
What about Paperbacks?
We do that for you, free of charge, and retain 25% of the revenue, just like your ebook. In most cases, we will also publish your book as a Large Print edition, with your approval.
Yes, I’d like to submit my book, what exactly should I send?
An email, the word “Query” included in the subject, with a covering note explaining what your MS is, how many words, and the first few chapters – you choose how much. If we like it, we’ll ask for the complete MS. You will receive a decision usually within two weeks, often sooner. Please don’t send outlines or suggestions for books; it needs to be complete.
Note: Occasionally your email never reaches us. If you don’t receive a response within a couple of days, please email again, or send directly to Victoria at [email protected]
How do I send Ant Press a submission?
By email, either as a pdf or Word or Mac Pages document attachment with the word “Query” included in the subject. Title of the book and author name in the subject line would also be helpful. We will not open untitled attachments as they may contain viruses and put our computers at risk.
So, what are you waiting for?
Email: [email protected]
Tip: We are currently very busy. For the best chance to have your memoir accepted by Ant Press, please make sure that it is as free from basic grammatical errors as possible. Also, please put “Query” in the subject line, or your email may be swallowed up by the Junk police.
If you’d like a FREE download of How to Write a Bestselling Memoir, we’ll be happy to send you one.
What about if I’m not really looking for a publishing contract, I just want some help to make my book ready so I can upload it to Amazon myself?
Ant Press has introduced some cut price services that do exactly that.
Click here to skip to Ebook Conversion – Another Way to Publish.
Click here to skip to Paperback Formatting – Another Way to Publish.
Click here to skip to Editorial services.