Fact. Large print books are gaining hugely in popularity. But what exactly is a Large Print edition? The truth is, there is much more to a Large Print book than just a regular paperback with larger-sized type.
A correctly formatted Large Print book is a thing of beauty and a pleasure to hold in your hands and read. Every element in a properly formatted Large Print edition is considered. This includes chapter titles, page numbering, headers and footers. There are fewer words on each line, and not as many lines on a page. However, the outside margins may be narrower than a regular book, while the central gutter may be wider to accommodate a greater number of pages.
Ant Press produces beautiful ebooks, paperbacks, and now offers authors Large Print options, too. If you are choosing to self-publish, we can do all the formatting and hand you the finished files to upload to KDP.
Click the button to find out more:
Seven reasons why publishing Large Print editions is a great idea:
- Amazon sells Large P
rintbooks alongside your ebook and regular paperback.
- Books on Amazon’s KDP Expanded Distribution are also available to libraries.
- Libraries are always looking for Large Print books to stock.
- Did you know (on average) books are replaced by libraries after every 27 borrows?
- Older folk often don’t enjoy reading ebooks, and struggle to read regular print books.
- As the population gets older, the demand for Large P
rintbooks is ever increasing.
- It makes sense to add another book, and another potential source of income, to your list.